Most believers want to be free from the effects of evil spirits; yet they are reluctant and ashamed of talking to other Christians about it. Warriors, you are not condemned for having a demon, only if you reject the solution. If you feel SHAME, it certainly is not from the Holy Spirit. If you are being affected by an evil spirit(s), that evil spirit does not want to leave. THE TRUTH IS that nearly ALL believers have picked up something along the way, especially given the lack of teaching on this subject by the churches.
Mark 16:15-18: (Before Jesus ascended) “And He (Jesus) said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. 17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; in my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; 18 they shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.”
James 1:6-7 6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.
Deliverance is a very personal undertaking. Neither I nor anybody else can pray for you to receive deliverance FOR YOU without your first meeting the requirements. Any reputable deliverance minister would either 1) personally counsel with you or 2) have you fill out a lengthy questionnaire to determine in what areas deliverance is needed. The reason nobody else can pray for your deliverance is because, first and foremost, the person seeking deliverance/you must repent and renounce ALL sin. You cannot hold onto that one “secret sin” and expect to receive deliverance.
Joel 2:32 “Whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be DELIVERED.”
The following are a list of conditions that must be met by believers in order to be delivered from demonic oppression/interference/influence.
1) BE HUMBLE (James 4:6-7; 1 Peter 5:5-6) God resists the proud.
2) BE HONEST (Exodus 20:16)
There’s no need to try to cover up or pretty up your sin to God. He knows already what you have done. Be honest with God and call your sin what it is (i.e. if you have had an abortion—the sin is murder; if you have cheated on your wife—the sin is adultery and lying, etc.). Acknowledge your sin to God in no uncertain terms.
3) CONFESS YOUR FAITH IN CHRIST
You must be a born-again/baptized believer. “Lord Jesus, I believe you are the Son of God and the only way to God – that You died on the cross for my sins and rose again so that I might be forgiven and receive eternal life."
4) CONFESS YOUR SINS AND THE SINS OF YOUR ANCESTORS
(Leviticus 26:40-42; 1 John 1:9) God’s Word is clear that if we confess our sins, God is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from ALL unrighteousness. There are some misgivings about this step. Certainly, we do not know all the sins of our ancestors. Therefore, when we confess them to God we say, “I confess, repent and renounce all sins of my ancestral lines, known and unknown, on both my father’s side and my mother’s side all the way back to Adam.”
5) REPENT AND RENOUNCE ALL SIN (Revelation 2:5) Without repentance THERE IS NO DELIVERANCE. As believers, we are called to expose and hate sin. You must renounce, confess & forsake ALL sin. If you “say” you do yet have no intention of doing so, the Enemy won’t know, BUT GOD WILL. You must be committed to resist every attack of the Enemy that would cause you to sin again.
6) BREAK ALL TIES WITH OCCULT, CURSES, FALSE RELIGIONS AND SECRET SOCIETIES (especially Freemasons – which brings about generational curse) (James 4:4; Deuteronomy 18:10-12; Exodus 20:3-5). This includes getting any occult objects out of your home. You must burn and/or break them into pieces. DO NOT BURY any occult object!!
7) FORGIVE OTHERS: This includes but is not limited to, your siblings, your best friends (present and current), schoolmates, teachers, pastors, brothers and sisters in Christ, YOURSELF and, finally, God. (Matthew 18:23-25; Matthew 6:14-15)