LUKEWARM OR ON FIRE?
Revelation 3:15-16 KJV “15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. 16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of My mouth.
Not your favorite verse? As Hebrews 4:12 describes in, it [God’s Word] is quick and powerful and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the diving asunder of soul and spirit and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
I pray that none of us will be classified as “lukewarm” when we meet Jesus face-to-face. Here are some indicators of lukewarm Christians:
1. Only come to God when they have a problem.
2. Only concerned about what can God do for me? How can He make my life better?
3. Don’t obey the Word of God and even attempt to twist Scripture to justify sin. They call obeying the Bible “legalism” or radical.
4. Think they are Christians because they are generous, do good deeds, or go to church
on Sunday, yet live like devils the other six days of the week.
5. Compromise with the world because it’s the most popular choice.
6. Only want to be Christian because they are afraid of hell.
7. Have no repentance and lack conscience where doing wrong to others is concerned.
They are not genuinely sorry for their sins nor do they intend to change.
8. Think they’re saved because they compare themselves to others around them
instead of being in alignment with God’s Word.
9. Never or rarely share their faith.
10. Care more of what others think rather than the Lord.
11. Unwilling to make sacrifices. If they do make sacrifices it will be close to nothing and
it won’t affect them at all.
12. Love to say things like “do not judge.”
Revelation 3 continues with HOPE AND A REMEDY:
Revelation 3:17-20 KJV 17 "Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked: 18 I counsel thee to buy of Me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see. 19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. 20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hears my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with Me."
If you died today, would God categorize you “lukewarm?” If so, you have an opportunity to change that NOW. God is loves you and is giving you a rebuke. He calls you to timely REPENTANCE. Warrior, God is standing at your door and is knocking. Don’t continue “walking in the counsel of the ungodly” . . . “standing in the way of sinners” and/or “sitting in the seat of the scornful.” Choose today to be “ON FIRE” for God, not lukewarm. AMEN.
Stoking our Captain’s FIRE,